by Brendan Bettinger Posted: June 18th, 2011
Eric Nazarian and Sergei Bodrov have sold the pitch Blood Brothers to Chernin Entertainment. Channing Tatum is attached to star, and on board as a producer with Nazarian (The Blue Hour) and Bodrov (Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan). Details are scarce, but according to Variety, the movie will be a suspenseful thriller set in Russia.
Tatum is currently in New Orleans filming 21 Jump Street, scheduled for release on March 16, 2012. The actor has four films in the can: Ten Year (December 30), Haywire (January 20, 2012), The Vow (February 10, 2012), and The Son of No One (no release date set). Other projects on the horizon include the Steven Soderbergh collaboration Magic Mike, a Peter Pan re-imagining, and G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes. http://collider.com/channing-tatum-blood-brothers/97202/
Guillermo Del Toro Will NOT Direct "Hellboy 3"
Posted: June 19th, 2011 by WorstPreviews.com Staff
Ever since "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" hit theaters, Guillermo Del Toro has been saying that he would love to direct a third/final installment. Unfortunately for "Hellboy" fans, Del Toro is working on more projects than he can handle, making the third film less of a priority every day.
Back in March, the director said that there have been zero discussions about "Hellboy 3" at Universal Pictures. And now, Mike Mignola, the creator of the "Hellboy" comic book, confirmed that Del Toro will never return to the franchise.
"Last I heard he said he would not make it," said Mignola. "In every interview there's a new story on what his next movie is and he honestly believes he's going to do all these things. But last I heard, he said 'I'm never gonna get back to Hellboy.' I'm not surprised because he won't live long enough to do a tenth of the movies he's told me he's going to make."
It's no surprise that Universal is not eager to continue the franchise, since the first two installments failed to make back the budget domestically.
Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=22039&count=0
David Dobkin's King Arthur Reboot Finds Home At Warner Bros.
published: 2011-06-18 09:17:50 Author: Sean O'Connell
Hoping to tap into the reboot magic that worked so well on Guy Ritchie’s reimagined Sherlock Holmes, Warner Bros. reportedly is going back to the drawing board on the King Arthur legend for a potential tentpole picture. But it’s the studio’s choice in director that sets this story of yet another remake apart from the pack.
Variety says WB wants David Dobkin, of Wedding Crashers and the upcoming body-switch comedy The Change-Up, to helm the period adventure from his own script. That likely means this Arthur will be a blend of action and comedy -- probably in line with Dobkin's own Shanghai Knights, with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson -- than the humorless, Jerry Bruckheimer-backed version that tanked in 2004, even with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley in the lead roles.
The key will be casting. Audiences have been reluctant to embrace a modern telling of the Round Table knights, but putting the right actors in place could spell the difference between Kevin Costner’s blockbuster Robin Hood: Pribce of Thieves and Russell Crowe’s largely ignored (though underrated) Robin Hood with Ridley Scott. Who knows? Maybe if The Change-Up really works, we’ll see Ryan Reynolds as Arthur and Jason Bateman as Lancelot. Toss in Kristen Wiig as Guinevere, and I’ll get in line tomorrow for that version.
Sat, 18 June 2011
Ryan Gosling: 'Drive' Premiere with Christina Hendricks!
Ryan Gosling suits up in Burberry for the premiere of his film, Drive, on Friday (June 17) at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live in Los Angeles.
The 30-year-old actor was joined by co-star Christina Hendricks at the event, which was helped kick off the 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival.
Last month, Ryan was at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn to promote their action drama, which centers around “a Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman and discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong.”
20+ pictures inside of Ryan Gosling and Christina Hendricks premiering Drive in Los Angeles…http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/06/18/ryan-gosling-drive-premiere-with-christina-hendricks/
Premiere of "Drive"
Actor Ryan Gosling arrives at the "Drive" Gala Premiere during the 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live on June 17, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.
Premiere of "Drive" - Red Carpet
Actors Oscar Issac, Christina Hendricks, director Nicolas Winding Refn, actors Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks, Ryan Gosling and Ron Perlman arrive at the Los Angeles Film Festival's special screening of "Drive" at the L.A. Live Regal Cinemas on June 17, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.
Sat, 18 June 2011
Cameron Diaz: 'Bad Teacher' Berlin Premiere!
Cameron Diaz flashes a smile at the premiere for her latest movie, Bad Teacher, at Cinestar on Friday (June 17) in Berlin, Germany.
The 38-year-old actress was awarded for her work in the film with a bouquet of flowers and an apple for the teacher, of course!
Cam rocked the red carpet in an Akris jumpsuit, Casadei heels, a Giles & Brother’s cuff, and Anita Ko earrings.
Earlier that day, Cameron attended the photo cal for the film.
10+ pictures inside of Cameron Diaz at the premiere of Bad Teacher in Berlin… http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/06/18/cameron-diaz-bad-teacher-berlin-premiere/