Thursday - 3:30PM by Lindsay Miller
Ryan Gosling was on the downtown LA set of Drive yesterday until late last night. He's been shooting the thriller over the last month alongside Carey Mulligan and Christina Hendricks, but he's apparently looking forward to traveling abroad soon. Ryan's due for a special trip, as he turns 30 tomorrow! The birthday boy recently shot down rumors of romance with Blake Lively, but he has plenty of onscreen love interests — he plays husband to Kirsten Dunst in their upcoming All Good Things and has a similar role opposite Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine.
Thursday - 11:30AM by Allie Merriam
Angelina Jolie had help firing a gun this morning on the Budapest set of her directorial debut. Unlike in recent days, Brad Pitt wasn't spotted by her side. He was, though, around to provide hugs and snap a few photos earlier in the week. Angelina's focusing on her still-untitled project, but she's also switching into promotional gear for her upcoming movie The Tourist. She appears in December's Vogue to chat about moving her family temporarily to Venice, and also opened up to Entertainment Weekly with costar Johnny Depp to share about their first meeting.
Thursday - 7:10AM by Allie Merriam
Angelina Jolie has been busy in Budapest working on her directorial debut, but she's on the cover of December's Vogue chatting about The Tourist ahead of its holiday release. She and costar Johnny Depp are also featured in the new Entertainment Weekly, in which they discuss meeting for the first time. Angelina spoke to the Vogue's Vicki Woods about her sometimes surprising love for Brad, Pax's skills as a chef, and Shiloh's unique pet request. She also posed for a shoot with Mario Testino — see photos of the star in the magazine throughout the years. She said:
- On wearing black: "As Brad'll tell you—and my kids—apparently Mommy only wears black. . . I like to get up so every pair of pants goes with every top, every dress goes with every shoe. I've a very tiny closet. Brad's always laughing at me. Some days, yes, I have the nightgown that looks like a dress that I can sleep in and pick the kids up at school. And maybe take a meeting if I switch into heels."
- On Brad's looks: "Well, he's a handsome man. . . No, I think he's an extremely sexy—extremely handsome and the most sexy. . . . When I think about him, I just think of the man who's such a great friend and such an extraordinary father. And that's when I fall, you know, when I have my moments of getting—whoarr!—caught up in how much I love him . . . it's usually when I see him with the children."
- On her big family: "I only planned for two! To each his own. It's one of those things. How you build your family—you have to know what you're capable of handling and how your children will relate to each other. Maybe if you have one child and that child has a lot of needs, you realize you cannot give more attention to another. Sometimes you just know as a parent. We felt we could handle more children, and we have a very happy, very full home."
- On Shiloh's unique pet request: "Shiloh found a dead bird, so she came in and said, 'Can I have a dead pet?' And I'm . . . 'Uh-uh, I don't think it's healthy, honey. I think they have to put him in a box,' and I had to run out to find, like, a taxidermy bird. I just worked it out for her."
- On her cooking skills: "I'm not the best cook. Pax is a better cook than me. Pax likes to cook. But I try to when I can. Any house that we're in, we all chip in. But the kids are very sweet . . . so enthusiastic anytime I cook. Especially Maddox; he's just this little man that's very supportive of me—it's like he's raised me a bit. So I cooked them all breakfast before school this morning, and he has that kind of 'Thanks, Mom! Good job!'"